Thursday, February 5, 2009

précis...


soft sleeves of despair descended
until you arrived to fill me with life…
as i turned in my aged cave,
reaching with yellowed nails
to scratch my name—you turned aside the
claws of my intent…

the words we tossed at each other
were coats to cover the cold,
alleviate the dampness;
as much as i needed your eyes
in order to see, i had to close them forever…
as you grew cold.

i could not risk turning back and
getting caught in your tomb…
there were no truths we could hold together…
no past from which we were immune;
our eyes strayed inward from right angles;
we dissected truth until it lied…

our lips grew parched, sealed…chanting “it
must be mine;”
you escaped with your truth, i with mine…
now we must find a place
to tuck it away like other relics we accumulate…

there is a pack rat that digs you up from time
to time and carries you back to me;
each time you return, you are changed,
decayed by memory as
one by one the parade enlarges, as
another of you files by…

i realize you never existed…
i created you to fill my days
and at night to push the blood through
my veins to my heart…

précis
soliloquies...
jaa

No comments: