Thursday, February 12, 2009

gabriel...


the blast blew me into yesterday
destroying the delicate hold on my fabric of existence…
annihilating intricate bonds of lucidity and love,
while Gabriel trumpeted my return in wretched exact trills…
his jewel encrusted mouth wailing a torturous, wrenching, guttural agony…
exacting broken bones and bitter bile…

i spit my teeth into my hands and watch my eyes disintegrate
as slowly I sense an exit from the grayest of avenues…
saturated in blood and broken by betrayal, I journey here to die…
as I have each time…for the same reason…
the end of days has returned again sooner than expected
with violence as its method of operation…

it resides within me stronger than before – the garrisoned
grasp that blended beauty strong for a moment—
that positioned passion for realization and promise for awakening…
but the broker bargained too late, asking too much for so little…
the negotiations turned sour and died on the table without arbitrage,
in the final analysis only pity was offered…

it was put out quietly on a paper plate, shoved under the door
without a sound…just a whisper of doubt as each minute
ticked away in seclusion under the wary eye of expectation, waiting
always waiting and watching;
finally recognizing the pattern of destruction filling in the final
formation as the truth revealed its presence.

its cryptic cruelties bit deep into my heart, causing seizures of
pronounced colorless residual anxiety….
brokered bottom line exaggerates the essence of loss…
jagged with ragged edges and pointed rejections;
for the end result is banishment and betrayal…
the gag of universal truth…

once again a prisoner of the end game…
bastion broken by bigots who careened the carrier
and jettisoned hope and promise for the sake of normalcy;
i am not there for you – to incorporate into ordinary dreams;
i cannot exist there for you only here deep inside where senses
translate into surreal dreams of love and longing…



gabriel
prism gates
by ja allen

No comments: