Monday, January 26, 2009

the stone...


i discovered a small silver stone shaped like a heart beside a miniscule
pond near the edge of my secret garden
where I spend my days in solitude masquerading
with my muse…and my nights
dreaming of love, lost long ago and far away…
the stone throbbed in my hand as I held it,
glowing in the amber light, shimmering against my pale skin…

i caressed it softly, treasuring
its smooth, cool surface…
it promised to stay with me one year and in that year
to make me whole – to teach me to love again…
it whispered to me of strange lands and foreign customs;
while gently intoning its heavenly chant…
assuring me always that i am lovely, desirable, and adorable…
scolding my reluctance to believe...

i secured it at the end of a gold chain resting between my breasts
next to my heart where it listens for each
inevitable beat, each tremor of longing, each sigh of release…
as i make my way through from night until morning…
it knows me intimately and stands watch over my moods,
coaxing me to relax and learn to trust again…
to believe in tomorrow and have faith love will survive even
time and distance…
for true love never dies – it assures me—it sustains and grows,
breeding contentment and peace…

when i enter that state of belief, the stone stills and waits
for my joy to expand crowding out
any residual sorrow. i sleep always with the stone next to my heart
assuring me i am loved;
it synchronizes with my breathing and sits inside my dreams,
guiding me to safe places where we can stay together forever
inside my secret garden where reality waits
by the gate, wanting in—demanding entrance…

the stone is delicate and thin, made of the rarest and finest
of earth’s compounds…
so i must not caress it too often or hold it too long because
the surface may wear away and the glow would die…
I take each moment and press it into my memory storing it all
For the day when it leaves and i am alone…
i am filled with love again and the joy of loving without boundaries
or restrictions…so when the stone finally fades,
i will be able to walk to the gate and out into the world….

the stone…prism gates
ja allen

No comments: