Monday, January 12, 2009

idolatry...



do i worship you?
wistfully wishing, always wishing for more…
that i might encompass you, surround you, devour you
but only as one sweet morsel at a time…
it forces you to offer me moments;
a sweet taste upon my tongue…
your fingers brushing my cheek
or touching me so deeply…until
i shiver inside and feel
the weakness descend
convulsing the calm surface of my passion…

i dissolve into nectar
golden and sweet
and slide down your throat
i become the rain drenching you,
quenching your eternal thirst…
i cling to you like skin and
hold you together…
nestle in your sighs,
whispering my love in your ear…

none of it enough to fill my need…
the deep ache of you continues
to rack my body and steal my strength
until i feel i shall expire with longing…
how can one soul need so much…
how can one man offer enough???

idolatry
prism gate
ja allen

No comments: