Thursday, January 29, 2009

interludes...


unyielding uncertainty summons a sense of depravity…
manifesting itself as intense unease measured
against the backdrop of a throbbing beat and an insistent voice
calling me out from the back stoop where I inevitably wait…

always torrid want shimmers in the distance, an oasis of desire…
i try to unwind stretching heavenward to achieve release,
final climax from my torture….
outside my range of vision,
you stand forever unreachable,
holding me at arm’s length as a form of retribution;
admonishing me to wait on the edge until it is my time…

i weep inside wanting you so much that my mind fragments and
bits soar away on the echoes of drums and strident chords…
when i cannot wait any longer for your unspoken promises…
you acquiesce, stripping me bare…

soon warm tears will mingle with those of humility as you sink
into me and let me feel what I have dreamed…
i will always want more because you never give me enough
of the essence that is you…
the words of your mantra…
daring me to deny you and walk away…
are pointless when you know I cannot….

you realize i can never be filled
yet you allow me to suffer with the belief that I can;
that there are limits to longing…
that eventually the flame will extinguish itself and
settle for sanity…
when you know it is not true…

there is no end of the road for me…
only one tortuous journey after another
as you toy with me and my adoration,
placing strictures on my love
as you wait for someone better—someone
who loves with purity and honor;
someone dancing in the arms of romance and idealism…
as you wait you throw me scraps of love
As each of you tread on me on your way to tomorrow…

interludes

prism gates
ja allen

No comments: