Saturday, November 29, 2008

artiste...


i take your stark pistol gray dawns
and tinge them with pink
i light miniature candles to provide a glow
inside the darkness of your lust…

we live in a wilderness too vast to conquer,
your boot prints up my spine
keep me alive and fighting…
your love rips the first hole in the sky
where i fix my gaze waiting for tomorrow…

your eyes infuse storms with realism;
the point of your stare always
pulls me to the edge of whatever room i hold
if there is a need for beauty,
i create it to oppose you.
when we step back into ourselves and pause
like clock hands without the power to move,
i have willed it…
beyond the fence
where we have set our own boundaries,
there is a purer love,
without suspicion, without fear…

but it is beyond me to go there.
i have no will to climb fences or to embark on idealism’s path
i wait for your leaded eye to reflect
the transformation of gullies into serene pools…


artiste...soliloquies
ja allen

No comments: